Soundstream Street Hopper 6 Plus Review
- 29 Jul, 2019
Are you ready for Street Hopper SH-5PM and SH-6PM? I don’t think so. They are large, portable boomboxes shaped like cannons that have Bluetooth for wireless audio, plus digital FM radio tuners, LED light show illumination, loud and powerful amplifiers, guitar cable port inputs, 3.5mm and USB and micro-SD inputs for external device playback, USB charging output, wired and wireless microphone compatibility, and an irresistible wow factor when being used.
A wireless Bluetooth microphone is included, as is an adjustable carrying strap (toting these boomboxes can get heavy!) and a little splash proof face plate for the front LED control panel. The bigger 6-size also includes a handy remote control unit and a 12-volt car charging adapter. All very impressive and through.
Using the Street Hopper Portable Bluetooth Speaker is more convenient than ever. With our Street Hopper App & your iPhone or Android smartphone, you can play music from your device, switch from custom/preset lighting profiles, change fm radio stations and much more!
Fill any room with sound and stream your favorite musicfrom your Bluetooth device, SD Card, or USB.
- Rechargeable lithium battery for up to 10 hours of playback
- 75W 2.1 channel amplifier
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
- 6.5” active & passive radiator subwoofers with 2.50” speakers
- Bright White LED function display with scrolling readout
- Digital FM radio tuner with 15 presets built-in
- USB input for MP3 music playback from flash drvie
- USB charging for mobile devices : Output 1A/5V
- 3.5mm line input for playback from other devices
- ¼” phono microphone input to sing along with your favorite song
- Digital echo control for dynamic karaoke sound effects
- ¼” phono guitar input to play along with your favorite song
- 2-band bass & trebel EQ for dynamic sound quality
- Nylon shoulder carry strap with quick release
- Cigarette plug charger & AC charger included
- Remote Control
- Dimensions: 8.50” X 9.25” X 20.50”
The rechargeable battery will last way longer than your yard party or your kids’ birthday bash or your presentation of the outtakes from your Charlie Parker archive. The few generic equalizer (EQ) settings are fine for most listening, and they can be customized with a dedicated iOS app that is a snap to learn. If you move around a lot while dancing to the Bee Gees get the smaller SH-5PM. It’s much more portable than its larger sibling that is easy to carry short distances but not the length of O’Hare Airport.The best single feature of these Street Hoppers is the most basic. Listen to your wireless tunes anywhere and everywhere at volume levels that can bring the cops to your party or the CEO to your staff lunch room. The physical units are like nothing else you have ever seen, especially with a custom light show accompanying your Wilson Pickett retrospective. Don’t ever loan your Street Hopper to anyone. You’ll never see it again, although you may hear it from two blocks down your street.